Sunday, September 29, 2013
Morality and Growing Up
Saturday Morning, 11:23AM. My roommate Rachna just walked in. She's holding her heels in one hand, and a gargantuan bottle of Gatorade in the other. She looks like a wreck and smells worse, like alcohol and the flavor "red" (whatever that is). About twice a semester, Rachna will get wasted at a party, go home with the first guy that gives her attention, and engage in animalistic sex for hours upon hours. I never know what to say to her. Part of me wants to scold her. To remind her that our body is a temple and sex should be treated as sacred, as an expression of love. I sound like my mother. The other part of me wants to ask her about every detail and live vicariously through her. To enjoy her embrace of being a woman, with a free will, spirit, and body. I want this freedom too. Or maybe I want the idea of freedom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment